The Old Fashioned is a classic bourbon cocktail that has been around for centuries. It is perfect for cocktail making beginners and is always sure to impress.
1. In a mixing glass combine bourbon, simple, and bitters.
2. Fill glass with ice until there is over twice as much ice than liquid.
3. Stir mixture until it is chilled and combined. (About 25 complete stirs)
4. Pour liquid into a rocks glass.
5. Peel a good amount of skin off of and orange and squeeze the oils from the skin into your drink. Run it along the rim of your glass, then twist and drop into the cocktail.
6. Place ice cubs into your drink and enjoy!
For a fun party trick, heat the peel with a torch then squeeze the oils over your torch while holding the flame horizontally above your drink. This will cause a quick puff of flame so be careful!